It's the first day of January! I sound like a broken record but where did 2011 go? The 1st day of January not only signifies the beginning of a new year but it also signifies that my little guy is about to be a year older (his b-day is Feb. 5). Instead of making "resolutions," this year I am making "life style changes." Usually I would make resolutions in my head, I won't really share them with anyone. Maybe because I didn't want them to know that I failed at something. Or maybe because I never really intended to follow through. This year, instead of making personal life style changes, we are making changes as a family! I made a list of things that I wanted to change for myself, Ashish made a list for himself, and we made a list for our family. Looked a little something like this:
- Become healthier (last year I lost nearly 30 lbs, I want to lose about 20 more).
- Spend more time praying for myself (I am a good prayer warrior for others but when it comes to me, I kinda forget to pray about it.)
- Spend more time with my girlfriends.
- Loosen up! Wow, that wasn't as hard to type as I thought it would be.
- Join a women's bible study
- Become more supportive of Ashish's hobbies (he loves to play golf, I need to go with him more often)
- Follow through on business ventures
- Continue to save for retirement
- Workout more
- Take advantage of vacation opportunities
- Pray together more
- Have more patience
- Spend more time with extended family
- Start having Sunday dinners again.
I believe that we will be successful because we aren't listing unrealistic goals. The good thing about this system is that Ashish can hold me accountable and vice versa!
Happy New Year!