Saturday, April 07, 2012

Spring Break

I'm not doing a very good job of posting lately, sorry ladies. It seems that every time I sit down to blog, I get sucked into looking at something else (i.e. pinterest). I promise to do better!

It was Spring Break for most of Georgia this week so J was home from school and I was home from "work." Here's a play by play of how we spent our Spring Break!

Monday
I started out the week with the best intentions of tackling several projects at home, the biggest one being my closet. I'd show you a picture but it is an ugly mess in there. Let me take that back, it isn't a mess, there is just a lot of clothes. My  OCD won't let me have a messy closet but it will let me have a full closet. So, I woke up and was ready to get started until I got a text from Keisha asking if we were busy. Why of course we are aren't! Sure, we will come right over! Project closet had to wait another day.

 I was so glad that I went because I got to spend time with my adorable god daughter, Kennedy!
See, I told you she was cute!


We hung out there all day and got home just in time for dinner! Great way to start my week off!


Tuesday
I am apart of a great mom's group! Our kids vary in ages from 2 months-old (I'm not sure how old our oldest member is). It's a great support group for all of us mom's with little kids! Anyway, Gianna planned a Easter Egg Hunt and picnic at one of the local parks for all of the mom's and kids! As you can see, we had a great time!





Wednesday
Same mom's group, different location! I love this group so much that I spent two mornings straight with most of them! Sierra hosted a "Sidewalk Chalk and Lunch" potluck play date at her house! There wasn't a lot of sidewalk chalk(ing) but there was a lot of playing!








Thursday
Ashish was off work! Jordan had a dentist appt in the morning then we picked Christopher (Kennedy's older brother) up and headed down to the Children's Museum in Atlanta. BTW, Jordan got a great bill of dentistry health! I was so excited. I don't know why I get nervous about stuff like that but I do! I digress, as usual, the kids had a great time! I'm so glad that Jordan has a close friend to grow up with. Keisha, Chris, Christopher, Kennedy, and baby #3 (due in August) are like family to us. We love them to pieces!








The boys were passed out in the back seat before we even got on 85N. Our small group met at Mellow Mushroom for dinner. I am not a huge pizza lover. I know, don't shoot me! BUT, they have an Italian hoagie that is pretty delicious! Ashish got a steak and cheese hoagie that he was equally as pleased with.


Friday
Ashish was off again! Purely by accident, but I'll take it! We did nothing! Well, a whole lot of nothing. We met some friends for lunch, did some shopping, came home for a nap, did some more shopping, and then had Mexican for dinner!

I have to brag about my shopping experience for a second! I can count on one hand the amount of times that I have had to buy shoes for Jordan. Why? Because my brother, Avery, buys all of his shoes. Jordan has much cooler shoes than Ashish or I will ever have. Someone once expressed to me how ridiculous she thought it was to buy your child high end shoes (i.e. Nikes, Adidas, New Balance, etc.). I'm going to climb up on a bit of a soapbox here...be prepared! My response to said woman," I'm sorry that you think it's ridiculous but I think that if all my bills are paid, Jordan has money for college, and he's happy, I should spend my money on whatever I want for my child." Aggressive? Maybe a little bit. She didn't know that I don't, in fact, spend tons of money on J's shoes, but even if I did, it's my money, what does she care? OK, stepping down now. Back to the story! We were on the hunt for black sneakers for the summer. We stopped in the Nike Outlet to see if they had anything worth buying. It was a zoo in there, it always is. I found a pair of black Jordan's that were a 1/2 size too big but would fit perfectly in the fall so I got in the checkout line. The tag on the box said $17.97, which is a steal for a pair of Jordan's. When I got up to the register the shoes rang up at $12.97 and I had a $5off coupon so I got those bad babies for $8.32 after tax. I was one happy momma! Uncle Avery couldn't even get a deal like that!

That wraps up Spring Break for us! Oh, and project closet had a "TBD" written next to it onmy To-Do list! Happy Easter!

No comments: