Monday, September 24, 2012

Viva Mexico...The Resort


If I told you all the details of our trip, we'd we here forever. I do want to tell you about the resort. We stayed at the BlueBay Grand Esmeralda, it was beautiful! When we pulled up we were greeted by a very friendly concierge team and a tasty orange/pineapple cherry drink. Check in was easy, everyone was very accommodating. The concierge team gave us a map of the resort and guided us to the trolley to head to our "building." Now, I've never been to an all inclusive resort so I didn't know how big or small the resort would be. When we got the map out the property my eyes nearly bulged out of my head, it was HUGE! Side note: I lost weight on my vacation because of all the walking we did, within our resort. There were trolleys to take you to the different locations within the resort but you had to be at the trolley stop when the trolley was there. Ah ha...those BlueBay people are very sneaky. Here's a map of the resort, we stayed in building 5. Building 9 is where the front lobby was. Dinner was in 11,12,13, or 14. Notice the distance? I definitely did, especially in heels headed to dinner every night.


After catching the trolley to our building and riding up the elevator to the third floor we stepped into our room!



This picture doesn't do the shower justice, it was HUGE! we could have had a small dinner party in there!



 
I'm a bit of a hotel snob. I would rather pay the extra money for a nicer room than skimp and save. It's definitely the "diva" in me.  Our room did not disappoint. The bed was so comfortable, the was gorgeous, and the shower was HUGE! We were in love from the first few glances.




For some reason I never took a picture of the pool or the beach. I know, I know, we went to Cancun for the beaches and I didn't even take a picture of it. Here's the thing, because of the hurricane the beaches weren't that pretty. Yes, there was clue blue water but we had to walk through murky brown soot and debris to get to it. So, instead of doing that, we sat in our beach chairs enjoying our not so fabulous alcoholic beverages.  We did, however, hang out at the pool a good amount. Again, I have no pictures. I was afraid of dropping my camera in the water, ultimately ruining all of the other pictures that I had taken, so I played it safe.


We didn't spend a whole lot of time at the resort. We tried to fill our days with "things" to do. People think I'm crazy, "why would you go to an all inclusive resort just to leave the resort every other day?" I get it and if we were the "hang out by the pool all day" type of people we would have been set. Unfortunately, we're not. We are doers, we wanted to go shopping (me) and see what Mexico is really like outside of the touristy areas.

Next up....excursions!











 

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I have that same divaness in me too girl!

This is gorgeousssssss!!!!

Faith said...

ahhh, fabulous! love Cancun.

we did all inclusive as well when we went to Cancun but we went everywhere! we just made sure to mostly eat and drink at our resort since it didn't cost us extra money.