Tuesday, November 02, 2010

The Beginning

"Danielle, do you really want to share your personal life with everyone?" That was a question asked by one of my closest friends, and the answer is "yes." Simply put, "yes." I remember when I received my first journal. I was in the second grade and it was a gift from my mom. I had a love for reading and writing that spilled over into many years of writing, page after page, thought after thought, writing was MY freedom of speech. At one point I wanted to be a journalist, I wanted to write about other people's lives and be able to tell their stories. Going into college, I changed my mind. See what I hadn't considered was the fact that writing for me was an outlet, a way to express myself. Writing was a way to yell at my mom, tell that mean girl (in the 7th grade, I still remember her name) how much her meanness was not appreciated by me. The journal was my personal thoughts, hopes, dreams, and ambitions and as I look back at that same journal that I've had since the second grade, I smile, and as I read the entries it takes me back to middle school, high school, and college. I stopped writing for a while but picked it back up when I found out I was pregnant. Some people scrapbook, (I'm still trying to get into that) I write. Stay tuned for more. I can't promise that it will be interesting but it will be me...just me!

Danielle

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Not sure why "writing" is highlighted.