Jordan will be two on February 5th. Those two years have flown by so fast. I compiled a list of things that I have learned in these short (and long) two years.
- My grandmother was right; God was preparing me. Jordan slept through the night for 4 weeks and then stopped. Months 3-9 are a blur because Ashish and I were coasting through parenthood with one eye open and the other one closed.
- One smile from Jordan does make everything better. Something tells me that he may use his super power (his smile) against me one day.
- Children will make and break your marriage...at the same time. Between being sleep deprived, frustrated with a colicky baby, working (Ashish), and trying to maintain your house; emotions run high, things are said, and feelings get hurt. It's unfortunate but it's true-at least at our house.
- Grandparents are your best and worst friends. Jordan has awesome grandparents, on both sides. We have never had to find a babysitter, all of the grandparents are more than willing to rearrange their schedules to accommodate ours.
- No matter how good your diapers are...boys have a way of peeing out of the top side of a diaper. Weird...it's just weird.
- Babies sense when they are wearing really nice clothes...they typically spit up, poop, or pee all over them.
- The list could go on but I will leave off with this...when I married Ashish, I didn't think that I could love another person more...then I had Jordan. He is the best thing that has happened to me and to us.
"No one sad it would be easy, they just said that it would be worth it."