Thursday, March 31, 2011

To Be Appreciated

Giving up tv at night in the Patel house has really been a blessing in disguise. I would say that we do a lot of things as a family outside of the house but when we are home, we all kinda go our seperate ways-Jordan included. Because I am home all day with Jordan once Ashish walks through the door I gladly hand the child duties off to him. He is great with Jordan. They play video games together, play ball (literally,throwing the balls up the stairs to watch them roll back down), sometimes they just chill on the couch. It gives this stay at home mom a moment to inhale and exhale slowly.

"Have you ever been a stay-at-home parent? Do you have any idea the amount of rigorous work and emotion it requires? The tireless hours of performing tasks that will never earn you a raise or a gold star or even be acknowledged by another human being? Cause Imma let you shut your mouth if you haven’t."  -Amanda Wrenn

So, because there has been no tv we have been able to refinish some furniture, move the furniture in the house, clean out my office, clean out the garage, and read (I mean really read) the chapters of Sacred Marriage. I love the sound of "family" at night. The only voice is coming from the mouth of someone that lives here, not Mickey Mouse, the Backyardians, ESPN, or one of the Real Housewives.

I was talking to Kai on the phone Tuesday night and I hear Ashish having a conversation with Jordan. Usually I don't listen in but something told me to take the phone away from my ear and eavesdrop.

A: Jordan, what would we do without your mommy?

J: Continues dancing to the Wheels on the Bus

A: We would eat cookies, drink juice, and our house would be ugly.

D: Your house wouldn't be ugly, it would just be bare.

A: And your Mom would have to come live with us

D: Well you better say a big prayer that nothing happens to me then.

A: Laughs. I say a prayer for you everynight anyway.

It feels good to know that there is someone rooting for you even when you don't know it. Aahh, to be appreciated.

No comments: