Friday, July 08, 2011

New Addiction

I missed 3 hours of sleep lastnight. I had my night planned out, I was going to come home (I went out with some girlfriends), put J to bed, and then crawl into my bed. I wasn't going to turn on my TV or my computer. Something always happens to me late at night; once J and Ashish go to to bed, I get a burst of energy. It's like my mind can't turn off. I'm not sure if it's the quiet of my house or that I just really have that much to think about. I used to read at night but reading would only keep me awake.For Lent, we gave up TV in our bedroom and I must say, I think we all slept better. Recently, I started using the burst of energy and the quiet of my house, as my quiet time with God. I used to have quiet time in the morning. I would wake up before Ashish and J and I would just spend time with God...usually just basking in his glory. Sometimes I don't say anything-I know that God can hear my unspoken prayers; other times I lay it all out. I pray for exactly what I want or what I feel like I need. I digress, lastnight, after my quiet time, I decided to get out my computer. I was just going to catch up on some of the blogs that I follow, hoping it would tire my mind. WRONG. I checked my e-mail and I FINALLY received my Pinterest invitation. If you haven't hear of or explored Pintrest, you should. It's the best thing ever! Instead of tiring me, Pinterest woke me up. There is so much to see, so much to do, so many things to oh and ah over. For anyone that is the least bit creative, you will love it.

I love quotations-inspirational, funny, thought provoking. I thought I'd share some of the quotations that I came across in the wee hours of the morning.

-Only God can turn a MESS into a message, a TEST into a testimony, a TRIAL into a triumph, and a VICTIM into a victory.

-I love you with all of my butt, I'd say heart, but my butt is bigger.

-What if you woke up today with only the things that you thanked God for yesterday. LOVE LOVE LOVE this.

-I love it when someones laugh is funnier than the joke.



Happy Pinning!

1 comment:

Amy said...

aaaahhh!!!! i LOVE pinterest. i am completely addicted!