Monday, September 05, 2011

Anniversary

Ashish and I celebrated our anniversary yesterday! I am big into all things birthday, holiday, and anniversary but this year it kinda snuck up on us. We have been busy preparing for my brother's wedding, he got married on Friday, and unfortuantely forgot about our own nupituals. How is that for taking one for the team? LOL!

I woke up feeling like poo. I had been fighting a cold for the past week. I prayed that it wouldn't hit me too hard until after the wedding. Thank goodness my prayers were answered! Our anniversary started off with a visit to my parent's house. I still had family in town from my brother's wedding, they were leaving, so we dropped by to say "goodbye." We then went to Target. Jordan is going to be starting preschool tomorrow and he needed a new lunch box and backpack. From there we went to have wings at one of my favorite wing places. From there, we came home and everyone slept. I can't usually sleep during the day but because I was feeling less then fabulous, I gladly took a nap. I woke up feeling a little bit better so Ashish and I decided to go out to dinner.

We went to one of our favorite restaurants,The Melting Pot. My parents offered to watch Jordan for us, so off we went. The food was DELICIOUS! I was so glad that my nose decided to be decongested long enough for me to taste the great meal! All in all, we had yet another great  anniversary.

What I Learned About Marriage-Year Two
  • Our differences are what brought us together.
  • Despite how much we try, date nights will get put on the back burner.
  • You gotta keep things interesting!
  • I am blessed beyond my wildest dreams. Ashish is so very good to me.

“Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’[a] 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’[b]? 6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.” Matthew 19:4-6

Wedding Day

1 Year Anniversary-Melting Pot Midtown

2 Year Anniversary-Melting Pot Duluth (not sure why the pic is cut off)

No comments: