Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Thankful

And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry-1 Timothy 1:12
Wow, it's November 1st, WHERE has this year gone? It really seems like we were just celebrating the Fourth of July and now we are less than 30 days away from Thanksgiving. Have I mentioned that this is my FAVORITE time of the year? I would say that I don't know why, but I do! This is the time of the year when families come together, good food is had, and memories are made. Since becoming a wife and a mother, I've strived to make our own traditions. Don't get me wrong, I love the traditions that I grew up with, but feel that when you start your own family, you have to start your own traditions, or tweak the ones that you already have. So, my new tradition, starting this year is to blog about something that I am thankful for every day until Christmas (starting November 1st). There may be duplicates, because there is nothing wrong with being thankful for the same thing more than once in a 54 day span. Agree?

So, today starts Day 1! Feel free to join me! Comment and link back to your page and I will definitely read!

Today I am thankful for my HEALTH. Ashish and I have had a lot of sickness come into our lives lately. Luckily, it hasn't been either one of us (or Jordan), but we have had loved ones battling life threatening illnesses. We lost my cousin June to cancer in November of 2010. Please say a prayer for my aunt and uncle on November 6, that is the anniversary of June's death.

My mom called me to tell me that my aunt Brenda (one of my mom's 7 sisters) was diagnosed with breast cancer. I felt that we were right back where we were last year, praying for God's healing hands. My aunt will start radiation on November 22, just 2 days after her birthday. Please pray for her too! I didn't intend for this post to be so heavy-hearted but that is what was on my heart this first day of November.


What are some of your holiday traditions? I've love to hear from you!

1 comment:

move-beyond-me said...

I LOVE this! And absolutely you can be thankful for the same thing in a two month period, I know I sure am :) -Rachel