Wednesday, October 19, 2011

What I'm Loving Wednesday

Hey Everyone! Happy Wednesday! I'm linking up with Jaime for another edition of What I'm Loving Wednesday.


I'm LOVING...the Christmas Initiative that my church is propmting everyone to participate in. Last year we were able to feed 5,000 families during the holidays. This year the church is planning to do the same thing, plus so much more. There are so many families that are in need and I am so glad to be apart of such an amazing thing.

I'm LOVING...a new group that I was asked to be apart of. My friend Kristin started a MommyPreneurs group. Basically we are a group of moms that are small business owners. We help each other market our businesses, get traffic on our blogs and FB pages. Check us out https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/MommyPreneurs/

I'm LOVING...that the holidays are just around the corner. This is my all time favorite time of the year. We are having some friends join our family for Thanksgiving and I also might get to spend Thanksgiving with one of my all time fav. people, Kai.

I'm LOVING...the support that I'm getting from my friends, Ashley and Melissa. We are all doing Weight Watchers. Anyone that has ever dieted, or changed their lifestyle knows that it is tough. It's espcially tough when your husband isn't on a diet. LOL! Ashley and Melissa have had nothing but encouraging words, which has really helped. Oh, and I'm down 3 lbs!!!

I'm LOVING...my newest prayer board. I made it for a friend to give to another friend as a b-day present!

If you're interested, check out my Etsy shop http://www.etsy.com/people/DaniellePatel

I'm LOVING...that this Friday is another's Mom's Night Out! Getting out with those girl's doesn't happen nearly enough. This month we will celebrate Nicole and Martha's birthdays!

I'm LOVING...the change in Jordan's behavior.Ashish and I had a rough couple weeks with him. Some would call it the "terrible twos," others would call it a "phase," I call it HORRIBLE. It was almost to the point where were didn't go out anywhere because of the temper tantrums. We prayed about it, a lot. We prayed for patience, for guidance, for open hearts, and open minds. As a last effort, not because I was giving up but because I was becoming a bit broken, we started reading "How to Behave So Your Preschooler Will, Too!" by Sal Severe. This book has been a life changer. The book gave us real life, practical, advice on how to deal with the tantrums.We're learning to pick and choose our battles. We've learned how to create a more open line of communication with Jordan so that when we do discipline he understands (as much as possible). I would recommend this book to any parent that is going through this or has a child(ren) under the age of 3. Severe also wrote a follow up book "How to Behave So Your Children Will!, Too," in case any of you have school aged children. Okay...that's my soapbox, I'm done!


Amazon.com



And as always, I'm LOVING these two!

Check out Jaime's blog and tell us what you're loving today!

No comments: