Monday, November 19, 2012

A Few Things...

Hey ladies! To say that I've been busy would be an understatement. Between Ashish's new work schedule, visits from friends, and prepping for the holidays, blogging has been put on the back burner. I'd like to say that I'll get better but I don't see that happening until after the New Year. Until then, I'll pop in and out and update you ladies on a few things that are going on...


Weekends
My weekends are jam packed until after the New Year. Typically, I don't like to be that busy and it kinda stresses me out but this is my favorite time of year. We're taking Jordan (along our friends and their kids) to see the Magical Nights of Night at the lake, we have a fancy Christmas party to attend, we're going to see Cirque de Soleil for a friend's birthday, and that is just the beginning. The next month is going to be CRAZY...but I kinda love it!

Favorite Things
So, one of the things that I'm doing within the next month is hosting a Favorite Things Party. Have you ever been to a Favorite Things Party? I have! It's awesome...believe me! I evited some of my girlfriends and I think there is going to be a good turnout! I'll take lots of pictures and blog about it! I promise!

Thanksgiving
I hosted Thanksgiving last year for the first time. My immediate family is rather small so we gladly invite friends to come join us for Thanksgiving dinner. This year, I'm hosting again! What started out as a small dinner (my in-laws, my parents, my brother and SIL, and us) has now turned into a full on dinner. I am expecting around 18 people. My insides are jumping for joy. Although I can't see myself having 5 kids, I totally want "5 kid" like holidays! Here's a picture from last year's Thanksgiving dinner!

Random
Speaking of Thanksgiving...I am a holiday hater. I don't hate the holidays, I LOVE them! What I hate is when stores and people rush the holidays! Kohl's has had their Christmas stuff out since Labor Day and started playing Christmas music the day after Halloween. Can't we have Thanksgiving first? I will say, however, that I have completed all most of my Christmas shopping for Jordan and all of the kids that we have to buy presents for. This is by no means rushing the holiday, it's preparing for the hit that my wallet is going to take.


That's all that I have for today! We took Christmas pictures over the weekend so I'm sure that I'll be back soon to brag about how cute Jordan is!

 

1 comment:

Faith said...

You sound busy!! I'm so happy to hear from you!!

I love the idea of a favorite things party!

I love hosting Thanksgiving. It's so much fun. Have the best time!

I just saw the pic of Jordan on Instagrsm. He is too cute!!