Friday, December 14, 2012

Heavy Hearted

I don't typically comment or blog on current events. I don't get into political debates with friends or strangers. I hold fast to my beliefs and have a very good sense of how I am. I'm a child of God, a wife, a daughter, and a sister. I'm an educator, a neighbor, and a daughter in law. But, above all, I am a mother. My heart is heavy today. 18 children, between the ages of 5-10, had their lives taken before it really ever began. 18 mothers are at home without the children that they sent to school this morning. 18 families are broken. My head is spinning with the "hows" and the "whys."

This event has our country in shock. You don't have to be a parent to be heartbroken. If you know a child, work with children, or have your own child(ren), you are affected.

Let's pray for these families. Pray for our country. Pray that God gives these parents comfort in the midst of severe tragedy. I will be holding Jordan a little bit tighter tonight. I will be thanking God for continuing to bless our family and friends.

My heart is heavy.

 

1 comment:

Faith said...

I'm heartbroken. I can't even wrap my mind around this evil :(